The Office of Research is hosting the second annual Research and Creative Activity at Appalachian (RECAPP) Event virtually the week of September 14-18th.
This event celebrates all research, scholarship, and creative endeavors - funded and unfunded - of Appalachian Faculty and Staff. The event will be comprised of virtual sessions held synchronously and asynchronously throughout the week, culminating in a live zoom-cast awards ceremony for the Chancellor's and Provost's Awards for Excellence in Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activity, followed by an informal Q&A with award recipients. Faculty and staff will present digital posters, oral presentations, art, and/or performances.
All presentations will take place throughout the week of Sept 14 - 18. Presenters will have the option for a moderated Q&A session along with their presentation (there will be a limited amount of these) or you may choose to host your own Q&A session (these are unlimited and will need to be scheduled on your own).
- Digital Poster or Art Piece (these have the option to have a Q&A session moderated by event staff, or on your own, or not at all)
- Oral Presentation (these will all be event staff-moderated)
- Virtual Performance (all performances must be pre-recorded to ensure optimal viewing experience. The Q&A can be event-staff moderated live or scheduled on your own)
Please submit your research, scholarship and/or creative endeavor abstract or information to be part of this event! Presentations will be chosen to display a wide range of different topics and disciplines.
- Deadline for Submissions: 8/7/20 at 12PM
- Applicants Notified of Presentation Acceptance or Declination: 8/17/20 by 5PM