The mission of the University Research Council is to stimulate, encourage, and support research across all segments of the University community. The URC is committed to a broad and inclusive definition of research, including both pure and applied research as well as scholarly creative endeavors. The URC has responsibility for reviewing all proposals submitted to the University Research Council Grants Program.
Faculty and staff are nominated by their respective units for appointment to the Council by the Chief Research Officer. Appointments will take into account the following: representation of as many departments and disciplines as possible, with a combination of tenured/untenured faculty for the academic college/school appointments. Administrative members serve as a function of their position.
College of Arts and Sciences
- Dr. Maryam Ahmed, Biology
- Dr. Megen Culpepper, Chemistry & Fermentation Sciences
- Dr. Chris Holden, Psychology
College of Business
- Dr. Abhijit Ramalingam, Economics
College of Education
College of Fine and Applied Arts
College of Health Sciences
School of Music
For a listing of involved administrative members, click here.
2020-21 Academic Year Meetings
- September 15, 4 pm until 5 pm
- October 20, 4 pm until 5 pm
- November 17, 4 pm until 6 pm
- January 19, 4 pm until 5:30 pm
- February 16, 4 pm until 5:30 pm
- March 16, 4 pm until 5:30 pm
- April 20, 4 pm until 6 pm
Past meeting minutes may be viewed here.
University Research Council (URC) Grants
The mission of the University Research Council is to stimulate, encourage, and support research across all segments of the University community. The URC is committed to a broad and inclusive definition of research, including both pure and applied research as well as scholarly creative endeavors. Each year, a portion of the facilities & administrative (F&A) or indirect funds generated by external grants and contracts are used to support faculty research activities with grant awards of up to $5,000. The University Research Council reviews proposals and makes funding recommendations to the Chief Research Officer. Contact email@example.com.
Information for applicants
- URC Grant Overview Webinar
- Application (ASU login required)
- Guidelines and eligibility information are embedded in the application.
For Fall review –Noon on the third Tuesday in October annually.
For Spring review –Noon on the first Tuesday in March annually thereafter (occasionally it falls on the 2nd Tuesday, if the first Tuesday is during Spring Break).
- Frequently-asked questions
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org