Funding opportunity for arts and cultural programming
The National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) is seeking applications that support the creation of art that meets the highest standards of excellence, public engagement with diverse and excellent art, lifelong learning in the arts, and the strengthening of communities through the arts. The NEA allows only one proposal submission per institution for the Grants for Arts or Challenge America programs. Organizations may apply in just one of the following categories:
- Grants for Arts: These grants support artistically excellent projects that celebrate our creativity and cultural heritage, invite mutual respect for differing beliefs and values, and enrich humanity. Grants generally will range from $10,000 to $100,000 and require a 1:1 match.
- Challenge America: which offers support primarily to small and mid-sized organizations for projects that extend the reach of the arts to underserved populations -- those whose opportunities to experience the arts are limited by geography, ethnicity, economics, or disability. Grants are available for professional arts programming and for projects that emphasize the potential of the arts in community development. Challenge America grants are for a fixed amount of $10,000 and require a minimum $10,000 match.
Notes on timeline and process
- Any full-time university employee is eligible to submit an application to this program.
- Prospective applicants should apply here no later than 12 p.m. on January 5, 2023.
- NOTE: Applications are due during the winter break of the university, please plan accordingly. Late applications will not be considered.
- 12 p.m. Thursday January 5, 2023: internal applications due
- 12 p.m. Thursday, January 12, 2023: internal review completed by faculty panel
- 5 p.m. Friday, January 13, 2023: all applicants notified of status
- 15 working days before the NEA deadline for your selected program: complete proposal and all supporting materials due to the Office of Sponsored Programs
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org